Sgt. Peter Thurston
- Born: 1739, Exeter, NH
- Marriage (1): Dorothy "Dolly" Gates 8 Dec 1761 330
- Died: 22 Dec 1812, Lancaster, Worcester Co., MA at age 73
- Buried: Lancaster, Worcester Co., MA
FamilySearch ID: L41S-X8W. Find a Grave ID: 55754744.
History of the town of Lancaster, page 290:
"The company of minute men, under Capt. Benjamin Houghton, marched without delay, to Lexington, and Capt. Thomas Gates' company of cavalry, rode to Cambridge, to aid in repelling the royal forces. The roll of cavalry men follows, being a part of the regiment of Col. John Whitcomb, of Bolton."
List of Gates' men follows which includes Sgt. Peter Thurston.
There are other Thurstons in the book, including Samuel Thurston, who I don't know about.
• Occupation. Farmer
• DAR Ancestor ID: Ancestor #: A11520. Member: Marguerite Hinckley Cohn Nat'l #: 118865
• Military: Lexington Alarm under Capt. Thomas Gates. 331,332 Index card 2358 says he was allowed for travel of 35 miles from home to Cambridge - a round trip of 70 miles. 10 days
Lexington Alarms, Vol. 2, page 95.
Peter married Dorothy "Dolly" Gates 8 Dec 1761.330 (Dorothy "Dolly" Gates was born 6 Sep 1738 in Lancaster, Worcester Co., MA, died 16 Feb 1831 in Lancaster, Worcester Co., MA and was buried in Lancaster, Worcester Co., MA.)