1. Esther Bigelow
- Lydia Thurston+
- Gilman Thurston
- Sarah Thurston+
- Mary Thurston+
- Hannah Thurston
- Moses Thurston III
- Esther Thurston+
- Lucy Thurston
- Nancy Thurston
- Catharine Thurston
Deacon Moses Thurston Jr.
- Born: 9 Jul 1746, Hollis, Hillsborough Co., NH
- Marriage (1): Esther Bigelow 22 Apr 1768
- Died: 29 Jun 1809, Westminster, Worcester Co., MA at age 62 303
FamilySearch ID: 94XV-P6Y. Find a Grave ID: 169940710.
• Occupation. 304 Hatter. "Mr Thurston was a hatter in Westminster, Mass., excepting a few years in Hollis, N. H. He was quite a successful business man; a minute-man in the revolutionarly war...."
• Military, 15 Jul 1777. 305 On the list of disbanded company of men of Hollis who had formed for the defense of Fort Ticondoga in the face of General Burgoyne.
• Military: Rev War defense of Ticonderoga, 30 Jul 1777, Hollis, Hillsborough Co., NH. 306 Five days service (June 30 - July 4)
"Pay Roll of Capt Daniel Emersons Company of Militia which marched from Hollis for Ticonderoga on the Alarm of June 1777 & proceeded as far as Walpole being 65 Miles where we were Ordered to return home by express from Col Bellows where we arrived July 4th Ont the fifth we wer ordered to March Again and proceeded as far as Cavendish being 100 Miles at this place we met Col Bellows & his men on their Retreat."
See also History of Hollis page 173 for the Ticonderoga Alarm
And Vol 2, page 88 of Soldiers of the Revolution.
Moses married Esther Bigelow 22 Apr 1768. (Esther Bigelow was born 22 Apr 1744 and died 24 Dec 1831 in Westminster, Worcester Co., MA.)