Thomas Willets Jr.
- Born: 16 Mar 1682/83, Jericho, Long Island 1311
- Marriage (1): Catherine Hallock 24 Oct 1706 in Brookhaven, Long Island 1310
- Marriage (2): Rachel Powell in 1719 in Queens Co. [Now Nassau], NY 1311,1312
- Died: After 1772, Catawissa, Northumberland Co., PA 1313
FamilySearch ID: 2M5T-BV1.
Extensive biography in the Willets book: https://archive.org/details/willettfamilieso01will/page/258/mode/2up
Marriages: see source for marriage to Rachel from Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy Vol· III
Also in the Genealogy of Berks
https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/collections/2189/images/31906_283788-00624 which has him "living 1764"
Appears on the 1752 tax list for Brunswick Township, Berks Co., PA. [http://www.rootsweb.com/~GENHOME/bbruns1.htm]
• residence. Born in Queens, then a political entity of Yorkshire, the place where he was born was eventually in Nassau County, created out of Queens. Lived with his second wife at Secatague, later known as Islip, Suffolk County until 1736 when he removed to
Pennsylvania. First living in Olney, now a neighborhood north of Philadephia center city, he moved on to the vicinity of Lebanon and then in 1740 to the valley of Maiden Creek, a tributary of the Schuykill River north of Reading, PA. In 1752 Berks
county was formed out of portions of Lancaster and Philadelphia counties and Indian lands. In 1750, Thomas Willits moved his family even further west, taking up land in the New Purchase (of Indian Land) in the mountains between the Susequehanna
River and the headwaters of the Schuykill River. Indian raids that marked the beginning of the French and Indian War forced him back to Maiden Creek in 1755. For one winter, 1761, he returned to Long Island, returning to Philadelphia, and then
• Certificate: from Westbury, Long Island to Exeter MM, 27 Apr 1738, Exeter, PA. 1314 Produced certificate which was recieved and read.
Thomas married Catherine Hallock, daughter of John Hallock and Abigail Swasey, 24 Oct 1706 in Brookhaven, Long Island.1310 (Catherine Hallock was born in 1684 in Southold, NY and died in 1718 1311.)
Thomas next married Rachel Powell, daughter of Thomas Powell Sr. and Elizabeth Townsend, in 1719 in Queens Co. [Now Nassau], NY 1311.,1312 (Rachel Powell was born 18 Feb 1696/97 in Westbury, Long Island 1315 and died after 1796 in Catawissa, Northumberland Co., PA 1313.)
Willets book says they were married at the Westover MM in Queens County (now Nassau County) - cannot find "Westover MM"
Not the only marriage of Powells and Willets:
Rachel Powell (d/o Thomas Powell Sr. & Elizabeth Townsend) married Thomas Willets Jr (s/o Thomas Sr and Dinah)
Her half-brother Thomas (s/o Thomas Sr. & Abigail Wood) married Mary Willets (d/o Thomas Sr and Dinah)
Her half-sister Abigail (d/o Thomas Sr. & Abigail Wood) married Richard Willets (s/o Richard and Mary Washburn)