|Amos Strickland Sr.
Amos Strickland Sr.
FamilySearch ID: KVJL-YQP.
FamilySearch and WikiTree have him born 1706 the son of Miles Strickland and Frances Warton.
• Occupation: The Brick Hotel operator and owner, Between 1748 and 1779, Newtown, Bucks Co., PA. 2189,2190 "... leased to Amos Strickland in 1748, for 20 years, but in 1761 the Red Lion, as it was called, was sold by the sheriff, and Strickland bought it. Amos Strickland, a farmer in Newtown township for several years, built a two-story brick house in 1763/1764 that is now known as the Brick Hotel as a residence. The land of Amos Strickland lay out along Washington avenue, then called Strickland's lane, a well-known race course when the courts and elections were held at Newtown....
• Removal: to Abington MM, 28 Feb 1751/52. 2133
• Named in will: father's will, 28 Sep 1766, Bucks Co., PA. 2134
• Tax Assessment, 1779, Newtown Township, PA. 2191 Taxed 200...8...
• Will: proved 24 December 1779, 31 Mar 1779, Newtown Township, PA. 2192 Names wife Margaret to receive among all sorts of household things, 500 pounds of gold and silver and other monies.
Amos married Margaret Thornton 27 Feb 1763 in Middletown, Bucks Co., PA.2187
Table of Contents | Surnames | Name List
This website was created 30 Jun 2022 with Legacy 9.0, a division of MyHeritage.com; content copyrighted and maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org