|John S. Martin
John S. Martin
Find a Grave ID: 85663643.
Death notice in the Buffalo Commercial says he was the father of George A. Martin of this city. Nothing more other than date.
• residence, 1855, Hanover, Chautauqua Co., NY. 423
• Pension: 160 acres bounty No 35756, 19 Jun 1855. 1612
• residence, 1865, Hanover, Chautauqua Co., NY. 426
• residence, 1870, Hanover, Chautauqua Co., NY. 429 Jas S. Martin 73, Retired Farmer. Theodosia, 61. Keeping house.
• Cemetery: Glenwood Cemetery: Silver Creek, Chautauqua Co., NY. 432
• Obituary: Buffalo Courier page 2, 26 Apr 1878, Buffalo, Erie Co., NY. Died at Silver Creek, Chautaugua County. Rather extended tribute but only mentions his first wife Lydia Tuttle as family members.
John next married Theodocia B. Mott, daughter of John Mott and Naomi Daggett, 15 Jan 1851 in Lancaster, Erie Co., NY.422 (Theodocia B. Mott was born 7 Aug 1808 in Oneida County, NY 377,423 and died about 1887 424.)