|HAM, Johan Coenraet
Another name for Johan was Coenrad.
22 Nov 1781: Counrodt Ham is executor of the father-in-law's will, Frederick Staight of Rhynbeck in Dutchess County
Noted events in his life were:
• His Godparents were Coenrad Petri and Maria Kette
• Military:Both from the recollections of John D. Ham in 1934 and Warren Hamm of Rockport, TX it is considered that Johan Conrad fought in the Revolution.
• 7 Aug 1754: he sponsored with Debra Beeckman Johannes, s/o Peter Ham and Marytje Dyckman
• 27 Nov 1755: he sponsored Chirstina, d/o brother Casper
• 15 Jul 1759: he sponsored Conrad, s/o brother Jacob
• 24 May 1760: he sponsored Christina, d/o sister Tabitha
• 14 Nov 1761: he sponsored Christina, d/o brother Martin
• 2 Mar 1767: he sponsored Coenrad, s/o sister Christina and Niclaes Smit
• 8 Mar 1767: he sponsored John, s/o Johannes and Sophia "Fytie" (Rohrbach) Van Deusen.
• Tax List: next to Jacob Ham, Coenradt Ham with personal property valued at 11 72 taxed 286(?), 1779, Manor Of Livingston, New York. 4
Johan married Christina STREIT, daughter of Friederich STREIT and Anna Catharina MAUL, on 27 Nov 1757 in Rhinebeck, Dutchess Co., NY (Drc). (Christina STREIT was born in 1739, christened on 1 Oct 1739 in Red Hook, Dutchess Co., NY 8 and died about 1800.)
1 Mott, Harriet Elizabeth, Mayhew Daggett Mott, Wisconsin Pioneer (Unpublished Manuscript).
2 Linlithgo Reformed Church, Records, Livingston Linlithgo Reformed Church, 1722-1889 (Ancestry.com database: New York Birth and Baptisms, Eastern Region, 1683-1923.), Item 57. Given name in the baptism record is spelled Johan Coenraet.
Ibid, Item #57. Baptism Date: 20 Aug 1726
Father: Coenraet Ham
Mother: Rachel Ham
Item #: 57
Child: Johan Coenraet
Sponsor: Coenraed Petri; Maria Kett Baptism Record Linlithgo Reformed Church: Livingston Linlithgo Reformed Church 1722-1889
4 Martin, David Kendall, Unpublished Research notes on the Palatine Ham family.
5 Jones, Henry, The Palatine Families of New York, a Study of the German Immigrants Who Arrived in Colonial New York in 1710 (Universal City, CA, 1985) in 2 Volumes.
6 Linlithgo Reformed Church, Records, Livingston Linlithgo Reformed Church, 1722-1889 (Ancestry.com database: New York Birth and Baptisms, Eastern Region, 1683-1923.)
7 Claverack Reformed Church, Vital Records (Ancestry.com database: New York Births and Baptisms, Eastern Region, 1683-1928).
St. Paul's Lutheran Church of Red Hook: 1730-1904 (Ancestry.com database: New York Births and Baptisms, Southeast Region, 1660-1916
Child: Christina Reference ID: 81 Bapt. Date: 1 Oct 1739 Parents: Frederich Streid; Catharina Maul Sponsors: Johannes Maul; Lisabeth Tromboor Source: Baptismal Record of St Paul (Zion Lutheran Church, Red Hook St Paul's (Zion's) Lutheran Church of Red Hook: 1730-1904 Location: Town of Red Hook, Dutchess County --- Denomination: Lutheran